A Texas Tradition since 1941
Texas Spirits is an honorary social, spirit, and service organization for students at the University of Texas at Austin. The purpose of Texas Spirits is to promote spirit among the students of the University of Texas and to serve the University and the Austin community in the best way possible. Our four pillars of spirit, love, service, and friendship, represent the core values Texas Spirits strive to uphold.
Founded in 1941, we are one of the oldest spirit groups on campus! Our organization takes pride in keeping alive the many traditions of our past. Spirits are everywhere, from the flashcard section at football games to painting the windows on the drag. We do whatever it takes to show our UT spirit!
"The purpose of this organization shall be two-fold; to serve the University of Texas whenever and wherever possible, either by voluntary offering of service at the request of another organization or faculty member, along with promoting spirit in all athletic events of both men and women; and to maintain a well-rounded program for said organization throughout the school year."
- Featured Article published in The Austin American Statesman on October 1, 2010!
"University club has so much spirit it's spooky"
- Spring/Fall 2009 & Spring/Fall 2010 UT Most Best Student Organization!
- 2011 Swing Out Award for Best Spirit Organization presented by the University of Texas Leadership and Ethics Institute
- Texas Spirits is now on Facebook & Twitter!
- Check out the Texas Spirits Blog to see what we're up to!